Junky Birdhouse6:00:00 AM
"borrowed" from behind my neighbor's shed...
A lot of measuring, cutting, drilling, screwing, hammering
and sweating later....
and I was ready to decorate! The best part!
I used rusty light switch plates for the side windows
and shims for the shutters and the steps. All the new wood was painted with a vinegar treatment that gave it the perfect aging.
A lock box from an old door made a great front door and
a rusty screw was a perfect perch...
I used metal flashing for the roof, distressing
and then cutting it with a decorative edge.
Finally for the chimney
I used a rusty spout from an oil can.
I hope the birds will love it as much as I do!